About Me

My photo
I live to love life or love to live life. I look for the beauty in all things. I am a dreamer. A bit of a free spirit. I am a very private person deliberately sharing pieces of my life. Thoughts, goals, plans, lessons learned, heartaches and dreams. I hope you enjoy and can learn something from my personal journey.

Monday, April 16, 2012

What's the point?


I am in the mood to write! YAY!

As silly as that sounds and as much as I love to write, I haven't felt like doing it in months.
I took a walk with the kids earlier and a cool spring breeze was blowing, it felt so good, so peaceful. I filled my lungs with a couple of deep breaths and enjoyed the feeling of briskly moving my body, feeling my heart rate increase. I do my best thinking when I walk.

I started thinking about what my purpose was. What drives me, motivates me, makes me want to keep striving?
The answer? I have no idea.
I know I have a purpose. A plan. I know I am on the right track but I am stumbling over the why. I believe the things you are passionate about, lead you to your purpose. It's the things that get your blood flowing that make getting out of bed in the morning worth it.

I had a conversation over the weekend with a friend about creative outlets and ways to express passion. He had several that he could list off the top of his head and I was so envious. I don't have that. I have tried painting, drawing, writing, dancing. I am not good at any of those things.

Do you ever have that "fire in your stomach, heart beating fast, gonna scream or go crazy if you can't let it out" feeling?
I get it a lot. When I talk about the future of the gym, when I walk past an empty building, when I think about opening my coffee shop/bookstore, when I think about traveling, training, learning.

The problem is I don't have a way to express the passion. Even this. Writing, which I love doesn't fully do it justice.
How do I go about finding the outlets that I KNOW God placed in me?
Do I just keep walking it out and wait?

It isn't frustrating. Or I should say, I am not allowing it to frustrate me, but i was thinking about it and wanted to get it on paper hoping this will help me process the issue.


Am I alone in this or are there other people out there who have been through the same thing?

1 comment:

  1. I understand exactly what you are talking about... for years, as I have said many times, I worked at Haunts, When I got married I quit doing it, thought it was time to grow up, but due to financial needs last year, went back and worked for a buddy doing a haunt... it had been 14 years since I felt that alive, around strange people (m y kind of people, lol) But it is funny that my passion for that led me to find y'all. Which in turn is leading to a much better me and a better butcher, haha. We all have a passion, it might not be artistic or such, it could be charity work. But I have seen your passion in your clients. Another thing that motivates me, I love to do things for Make A Wish (as a wish parent, I love to try to give back for that they gave us), and also Camp CCK. Follow your heart and listen to God and you will find it. Thanks for everything

    Jamie Lee

    ReplyDelete